NAV TechDays 2017 are over and now I have got the time to write a new blog entry.
This time I’m going to tell you something about docker in combination with Dynamics NAV. I think it’s the easiest and fastest way to get a new demo envrionment for testing a new build of Dynamics NAV.
So this is how you get started:
- Activate Containers feature in Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 (other windows systems are not supported yet):
- Download and Install Docker from: docker.com
- Switch to windows containers:
- Enter command line and put the following command in there to get the newest nav 2017 cu in german:
docker pull microsoft/dynamics-nav:2017-de
- Enter the following command to start the Dynamics NAV Service in a docker container:
docker run -e accept_eula=Y -m 4G microsoft/dynamics-nav:2017-de
There are several options for configuring your NAV Container to suit your needs.
This document includes a number of scenarios and how to achieve them and will be updated with more scenarios over time.
This document is a hands-on lab, where you can learn how to use the NAV on Docker image.
More details can be found on the Microsoft docker hub.