some days ago we had a lot of performance problems with one of our customers.
That’s why a tool crossed my way which I weren’t aware of yet: Dynamics NAV Application Profiler
It is very easy to install and use and you’ll get a lot of information regarding reads and writes from and to the database.
- Download the Dynamics NAV Application Profiler from the website above
- Extract the downloaded file. You’ll find 6 *.txt files and 2 *.dll files.
- Move the dll files to your service tier add-in folder (normally: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\Service\Add-Ins\)
- Import the 6 *.txt files into your nav database and compile them
- Now you can run the page 50000 from your development environment and a page looking like this one should open:
- You can start recording your session by pressing the button „Start“
- Now redo the action which took longer than normal and after that press the „Stop Recording“ button
- You should get a lot of informations like this:
Especially the „duration“ field should help you to identify the problematic taks.